Project MBA

Can a young, single mom get into a top MBA program? Can she also qualify for the Boston Marathon the same year?These are the online musings of a crazy, newb m0m on a mission...!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Ok, let's just get one thing straight. I don't even know what a blog is really. I mean, I know NOW or why would I be here but truthfully I started hearing this term "blog" on television. I get ready for work in the morning and I have the TV news playing in the background and every morning I hear this anchorman say "Go to our website and let's blog!". I finally say to my youngest son (14) "What's a blog?" and he says "It's like myspace, Mom." and then I say "What's my space?" and he says "OH MOM...you're such a NEWB!" I guess I am. I thought I was the youngest, coolest mom ever. I had my kids when I was still a teenager myself and now that I'm barely over 35 I honestly thought that I was the smartest, hippest, most fashionable mom of all time. Boy was I wrong. Ok, I probably AM the most fashionable and quite possibly the best looking sans gi-normous bolt-on boobs but nevertheless I wanted to be in the KNOW....if you know what I mean. I considered myself pretty dang savvy at work as well. I was clearly the youngest and most knowledgeable in my firm on most any topic, but especially on computers. I was told once that I was the "darling" of the company. So why was I completely sick of my job, annoyed with my peers, frustrated by the lack of challenges in my life (excluding parenting), and feeling completely out of touch with technology and my kids?? That was the end of 2005 and I decided that life as I was currently living it was going to change. This is my blog. Starting with how I learned what a blog was to how I plan to fulfill several goals that have long laid dormant while navigating the roads of parenthood.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooklyn said...

This is absolutely the place to start. Keep all the details in the blog, so you can go back and read it again when you've finished your 1st marathon and marvel at home far you've come!

I know you have a long way to go...but I'm going to add your blog to my feeds so I can keep track of you and see how you're doing.

4/22/2006 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home